Monday 27 January 2014

Using Houdini And Python To Export Data For IOS

Recently I was working on a IOS app which used OpenGL. The app was used in house to visualize the creation of products which could then been shown to the client in real time.

For this app I created a rendering engine in ObjectiveC and used Blender to export geometry data into to a custom file format. This was then imported into the engine. However recently I wrote some simple python scripts for Houdini which did the same thing. The advantage of using Houdini is that I could create custom attributes and export them as well.

In Houdini I created a simple shelf tool which would export the selected nodes geometry data. The script is simple and throws an error if the selected node does not have the correct attributes and only exports triangulated primitives. Here is the code:


No comments:

Post a Comment